- More images
STEREOSCOPY: The Dawn of 3-D
Delivery from US$37.76
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 10 November 2021
- More stock available in 3-14 days
- Product code
- Number of Pages
This book tells the astonishing and sometimes controversial story of the birth of STEREOSCOPY, the phenomenon we now call 3-D, which entranced Victorian society and is the great-grandparent of today’s VIRTUAL REALITY. Peering into a small, dark, magical box (a STEREOSCOPE!) an eager new audience in the 1850s was transported into another dimension. The immersive realism of 3-D beckoned to them to experience the far-flung wonders of the world without ever leaving their fireside. It was as if they were actually there amongst the Great Pyramids of Giza, or looking up at the Matterhorn, or standing in the rice fields of China.
- Authors: Denis Pellerin and Brian May
- Pages: 216, 300 photographs, 150 in 3-D
- Size [mm]: 325 x 240
- OWL Stereoscope included