The Treasures of Queen (Harback)
- Release Date 09 October 2014
- More stock available in 3-14 days
- Product code
- Number of Pages
This official box set includes a lavishly illustrated book on the history of Queen containing rare photographs, 30 items of facsimile memorabilia and a 1977 archive interview CD with the whole band.
Queen: one of the biggest bands the world has ever seen. Sell-out tours, chart-topping records and stunning success for four decades. Hundred of millions of CDs, videos and DVDS sold all over the world. They have broken records constantly: biggest ever paying crowd, longest number of weeks in the charts, headliners at the biggest festival ever and more. They have received accolades too numerous to list in full, but suffice to say 'Best Band', 'Best Album' 'Best Single', 'Best Video' and 'Best Live Act' feature again and again. They were indicted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001 and given their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002. The Queen musical We Will Rock You has been shown in Australia, Spain, the USA, Russia, South Africa, Germany and Japan and has been seen by more than 5,000,000 people.
Queen Treasures is an official publication, and has been approved at every stage by the band. It shows and tells the story of a fantastically talented and popular group of musicians who have retained an enormous fanbase throughout their entire history. The book showcases the band, its members, recordings and concerts through images and the written word, as well as through the unique pieces of memorabilia that are from the private collections of Queen's members.
Including rare, official memorabilia;
The book includes:
- Liverpool concert poster, Christmas 1973
- Very early Rainbow poster 1974
- Ticket from Rainbow concert, November 1974
- First US tour press pack including press release, photos and poster, 1973
- Hand-drawn tour map, Europe 1974
- Four handwritten letters from the band to the Queen Fan Club, 1975
- Bohemian Rhapsody blue vinyl record with cover, 1978 (paper facsimile)
- Race card from Kempton Park race course, A Day At The Races launch, 1976
- Signed poster for A Day At The Races, offered by the fan club, 1976
- EMI promotional flyer for A Day At The Races, 1976
- Press release from US version of News of the World, 1977
- European tour backstage pass, 1979
- Unused ticket from Nagoya, Japan concert, 1979
- European tour menu, 1978
- Flash Gordon film premiere ticket, 1980
- Invitation to the Hot Space end-of-tour party, 1982
- Hot Space promo cube, 1982
- Four handwritten song lyrics from The Works: “I Want To Break Free” (John); “Hammer To Fall” (Brian); “It’s A Hard Life” (Freddie); “Radio Ga Ga” (Roger).
- Unused ticket to Knebworth, August 9, 1986
- The Miracle promotional poster, 1989
- Crazy tour poster, 1979
- Sticker sheet
- Interview CD featuring all members of the band talking to Tom Browne on BBC Radio 1. Originally broadcast in December 1977
Dimensions: 303mm x 257mm
'Please note: You are buying the English version'